(Silicon Chip Magazine July 2010).
Using just two IC's and a handful of components, this compact module will regulate the speed of up to eight 12V fans. It will measure up to 4 temperature points and use this data to smoothly control the speed of the fans from completely off to full speed. Downloadable Windows software allows monitoring of both fan speed and temperature sensors.
The module can also be used in a stand alone fashion to spin up fans when temperature dictates cooling is required. This is ideal for situations such as greenhouses, home breweries, amplifier cooling etc.
For more information & software download visit the creators website.
Important Note For Kit Buyers:
This product is supplied in component form and requires soldering, drilling, and assembly. We recommend users are familiar with at least basic electronic principles and have the ability to solder.
- Control up to 8 computer fans based on the measured temperature.
- Windows software for configuration; display of temperatures and fan speeds.
- May also be used as a stand alone solution (no software or PC required).
- Monitor up to 4 temperature points.
- Works with most 2, 3 and 4 wire fans.
- Audible alarm on fan or sensor failure.
No specs available