A4480B • 8 Input to 8 Output Audio Matrix Switcher
$2589.00 per ea
|All prices shown are (inc. GST)|
Please Note: Below is a list of optional features if you have the right accessories
Zone and emergency over-ride paging via A 4481 paging console.
Remote zone control of volume and music sources via A 4493 wall plate.
Preset selection via A 4476 preset wall plate.
Local microphone or music input connection via A 4931 and A 4493 wall plates.
A 4480B Audio Switcher
M 8973 24V 5A Power Supply
240V AC power lead (suits Australian Standard)
USB - PS2 compatible keyboard (Altronics D 2111)
Acrylic anti tamper cover
- 8 Stereo RCA line inputs (internally mono mixed).
- 2 Microphone XLR inputs with phantom power option.
- Adjustable line input sensitivity 0.3/0.7V.
- Individual bass, treble and volume controls of all line inputs.
- 8 Balanced 3 pin XLR line outputs.
- Individual volume controls of all 8 outputs.
- Alert/evacuation/pre chime tone generator included (alert/evac tones comply to AS1670.4) .
- Emergency balanced input with selectable phantom power and input sensitivity.
- Programmable labelling of input sources and output zones via USB keyboard.
- Programme isolate function.
- Four programmable presets.
- Tampering lockout feature.
- Power fail trigger.
- 240V AC or 24V DC operation.
- 19” Rack Mount (2 unit).
Six user presets are provided for recalling regularly used configurations. Presets one to four are user programmable and can be recalled at any time. Preset five is “last setting” prior to a preset being loaded. This is an easy way to revert to a previous system setting. Preset six is a backup of the initial system configuration. Presets may be selected from the front panel or remotely by the A 4476 preset selection wallplate.
Input and Output Operation
The system can be configured with up to 8 zone paging consoles, 8 local zone inputs, 1 emergency paging input, 1 alert/evac input, and 8 auxiliary audio source inputs. Each auxiliary input has selectable sensitivity - 0.3 to 0.7V.
Auxiliary inputs can be switched to any zone or combination of zones. Each auxiliary input has a volume, treble and bass control, plus a signal presence indicator. A programmable display indicates which input is selected to which outputs.
For remote selection of auxiliary inputs the A 4475 wallplate may be connected via Cat 5 cable to each zone (max 1 per zone). This wallplate enables selection of any auxiliary source, plus local level adjustment.
A local input wallplate (A 4478) can be placed in each zone for connection to a local mic or line audio source. This wallplate connects to the A 4475 program selection wallplate.
Tamper proof volume controls and signal presence indicators are provided for emergency paging and alert/evac signals. Closing contacts activate alert/evac signal.
Volume controls are provided for each output. All 8 outputs consist of 3 pin balanced line level XLRs.
This function allows ‘blocking’ of selected RCA input audio sources to selected zones. This does not affect paging or tones.
Priority Muting Operation
A priority muting system ensures appropriate signals are routed to zones depending on the condition of the system. For example in emergency paging mode, all inputs, including alert/evac signals are muted for live emergency announcements through the paging microphone. In alert/evac mode all inputs are muted so that tones and recorded messages may be played in all zones.
When a local input is connected any auxiliary source being played in that zone will be muted.
In zone paging mode auxiliary signals will be muted for transmission to the selected zone. To prevent unwanted interruptions during functions or events, zone paging may be prohibited from the front panel via the PA on/off function.
100% developed, designed & assembled in Australia.
Since 1976 Redback PA products have been manufactured in Perth, Western Australia by Altronics. With over 40 years experience in the commercial audio industry, we offer consultants, installers and end users reliable products of high build quality with local product support. Read more about our Australian Made products
Backed by an industry leading 10 Year Manufacturer Warranty.
Our Redback products have a long tried and tested history of bulletproof reliability. Altronics offers a 10 Year Warranty on all Australian Made Redback products. Our local in-house service department has all the know how to answer technical queries and provide timely service. Read more about our industry leading warranty.
Information & Downloads
- Wallplate & paging console inputs: RJ45 8P8C
- Data transmission: Cat5e cabling max 300m
- Keyboard input: USB type A socket (front & rear)
- Power (24V DC): Euroblock terminal or 2.1mm DC socket
- Protection (DC): 4A M205
- Outputs: Individual level controls
- Inputs: Individual bass, treble and level controls
- Zone selection: Push buttons
- Rear panel level controls: voiceover, chime, alert/evac, priority
- input, priority input VOX, emergency input VOX.
- Rear panel DIP switches: aux input sensitivity, phantom power,
- mic/line, emergency input, optional settings.
- Dimensions: 482W x 152D x 88H mm
- Weight: 4kg
*Specifications are subject to change without notice.
Warranty & Returns
We offer 10 years warranty on this product from its date of purchase. This is available from Altronics stores, online purchases or Altronics resellers. In accordance with our full warranty terms we will repair, replace or refund if goods you have purchased from us are defective.
14 DAY MONEY BACK GUARANTEE
Not withstanding our warranty policy, if you are dissatisfied with our goods or service you may return the goods within 14 days of our despatch date. Simply contact us for a return authorisation number and we will refund your purchase in full, less transport costs on receipt of goods. All returned goods must be in as sold condition including all packaging, instructions, invoices etc.