A4827 • 3 Pin XLR Line/Balanced Output UTP Balun Wallplate
This wallplate provides Microphone XLR output, and only receives the signal from one pair of CAT5 cable and then routs to XLR output. Before the installation, please determine which pair to receive the signal and set the A, B, C switch to properly position. Please also set HIGH/NORM Gain switch depends on the output level. It receives the signal from one pair of the UTP CAT5 cable, this means the module could be connected with other receiver modules by the additional RJ45 jack on the rear panel. Two single pair of receiver modules or one two pairs of receiver modules could be chained together, each of connected module needs set to different pair A, B, C.
This wallplate can be powered from a 24VDC power supply by using the rear panel terminal block, and the power also could be provided to all the connected modules by Pair D of UTP CAT5 cable. When the power is supplied to this module, the front panel LED will light on.
Distributed audio signals over UTP cabling are becoming increasingly widespread in large building installations and multi-function venues. This product, used together with the rest in the range provide a connected solution for local zone inputs, feeding signals back to centrally located zone amplifiers. The system uses a proprietary standard called CSP which can be easily converted to the widely adopted Dante standard using the A 4830/A 4831 converter boxes.
Powered by 24V DC input.
- Balanced MIC XLR Output
- Selector switch MIC GAIN
- Switch Selects which Pair (A, B or C) Feeds the Output
- Signal and Power Pair Pass-through on RJ45 Jacks
- Power can be linked to the removable terminal
- Blue LED Indicates Module is Powered
- Daisy chain topology
- AFC Design (AFC: Auto Feedback Gain Circuitry)
Information & Downloads
- Input: CSP UTP RJ45
- Signal Pair Used: Switch-selectable A, B, or C
- Output: RJ45
- Output Impedance: 150 Ω balanced
- Output Connection: XLR
- Output Level: -45 dBu Mic or +4 dBu Line Level, Switch-selectable on rear panel
- Frequency Response: 10 Hz to 50 kHz (+/- 0.1 dB)
- THD+N: < 0.005%
- Noise below +4 dBu: < -90 dB
- Indicator: Power In
- Power Connections (2): Detachable terminal block; RJ45
- Power Requirement: 24 Vdc @ 45 mA plus connected loads
- Maximum Load Current: 155mA
*Specifications are subject to change without notice.
Warranty & Returns
We offer 12 months warranty on this product from its date of purchase. This is available from Altronics stores, online purchases or Altronics resellers. In accordance with our full warranty terms we will repair, replace or refund if goods you have purchased from us are defective.
14 DAY MONEY BACK GUARANTEE
Not withstanding our warranty policy, if you are dissatisfied with our goods or service you may return the goods within 14 days of our despatch date. Simply contact us for a return authorisation number and we will refund your purchase in full, less transport costs on receipt of goods. All returned goods must be in as sold condition including all packaging, instructions, invoices etc.