M5318C • 18 + 18 160VA Toroidal Transformer
The advantage of the toroidal (donut) shape is that due to its symmetry the amount of magnetic flux that escapes outside the core (leakage flux) is minimised, therefore it radiates less electromagnetic interference (EMI) to nearby circuits or equipment. EMI is of increasing importance in modern low power, high frequency electronics.
Included mounting hardware
1 x Mounting plate
1 x Gasket
1 x Mounting bolt
1 x Nut
- Each toroidal is supplied with 2 x rubber spacing washers, 1 x steel dished washer, 1 x mounting bolt, 1 x nut (except PCB mount versions).
- Lower electrically induced noise demanded by compact equipment.
- High efficiency enabling conservative rating whilst maintaining size advantages.
- The toroidal transformer is accepted as the industry standard, replacing the laminated type as toroidal transformers offer advantages in size, weight, and lower radiated field.
Secondary (SEC) Current A
Current available where secondaries are connected in parallel.
Secondary (SEC) Current B
Current available where secondaries are connected in series.
D: 100 d: 26 H : 43
Tolerance: ± 2%
* Outside diameter D is given as a maximum value, inner diameter d is given as a minimum value
*Specifications subject to change without prior notice. Manufacturers please note, we recommend that a sample is obtained to confirm suitability
Note: Must be used with a 3A external AC fuse.
Information & Downloads
- Primary voltage: 240V AC
- Secondary voltage: 18V (parallel), 36V (series)
- Secondary current: 8.8A (parallel), 4.4A (series)
- Regulation: Better than 10%
- Maximum temperature rise: 75°C
- Dielectric strength: 4000V for 1 Minute
- Insulation class: Class B (130ºC)
- Attention OEM customers: Please contact our parent company Altronic Distributors for extremely competitive wholesale pricing. Variations or custom toroidals available.
- Minimum order quantity applies.
*Specifications are subject to change without notice.
Warranty & Returns
We offer 12 months warranty on this product from its date of purchase. This is available from Altronics stores, online purchases or Altronics resellers. In accordance with our full warranty terms we will repair, replace or refund if goods you have purchased from us are defective.
14 DAY MONEY BACK GUARANTEE
Not withstanding our warranty policy, if you are dissatisfied with our goods or service you may return the goods within 14 days of our despatch date. Simply contact us for a return authorisation number and we will refund your purchase in full, less transport costs on receipt of goods. All returned goods must be in as sold condition including all packaging, instructions, invoices etc.