Z6440A • BBC Micro:bit V2 Go Starter Pack
Micro:bit by BBC has become the heart of countless creative digital technology projects around the world and a trusted educational learning system. This tiny programmable platform teaches through invention. Learn to code, design animated LED games, interface with sensors, all on the one board. Micro:bit users have full access to the BBC micro:bit website where fresh lesson plans are shared along with tutorials and tips for everyone be you educators, parents, workshop coordinators or just an aspiring maker.
The Micro:bit is easy to code with, all you need is your web browser and a micro USB cable and you are ready to start all kinds of exciting STEM/STEAM experiments, no need for any extra software to be installed.
Micro:bit has also developed a mobile app for coding over Bluetooth (without a USB cable), that makes it even easier to get everyone coding with hardware.
Please Note: The colour within the micro:bit pictured may not match the colour of the micro:bit you receive as the shipments contain mixed colours. A colour preference unfortunately cannot be chosen.
1x micro:bit v2
1x Micro USB cable
1x AAA battery holder
2x AAA batteries
1x Quick Start Guide with four unique ideas to get you started with micro:bit
- On board speaker
- MEMs Microphone with LED indicator
- Touch sensitive logo
- Built-in sleep/off mode that means the board can be powered-down with batteries connected
- Discrete regulator that can supply up to 190mA of current to external accessories
- 25 Programmable LEDs in a 5 x 5 grid
- 3-axis motion sensing
- On-board magnetometer
- On-board temperature sensor
- On-board light level sensing
- 2 x programmable buttons, A & B
- BLE Bluetooth 5.0
- 2.4Ghz Micro:bit Radio
- Rear-mounted push button
- Power off (push and hold power button)
- 25 pins
- MEMS microphone and LED indicator
- Onboard speaker
- Touch-sensitive logo pin
- LED power indicator
- C++, MakeCode, Python, Scratch
About The BBC Micro:Bit
The BBC micro:bit is a pocket-sized computer that you can code, customise and control to bring your digital ideas, games and apps to life. Each element is completely programmable via easy-to-use software on a dedicated website (www.microbit.org) that can be accessed from a PC, tablet, or mobile.
It’s super easy to use, and ready to get started out-of-the-box, with a choice of coding editors for all abilities available in multiple languages. The extensive wireless and sensor features mean the micro:bit can be used across the school, including subjects such as science, design, maths, music, art and computing.
V1 and V2 comparison
Information & Downloads
- Nordic Semiconductor nRF52833
- 512kB Flash, 128kB RAM
- NXP KL27Z, 32kB RAM
- 25 pins. 4 dedicated GPIO, PWM, i2c, SPI and ext. power. 3 ring pins for connecting crocodile clips/banana plugs. Notched for easier connection
- Dedicated I2C bus for peripherals
- 2.4Ghz Micro:bit Radio/BLE Bluetooth 5.0
- 5V via Micro USB port, 3V via edge connector or battery pack, LED power indicator, Power off (push and hold power button)
- 200mA available for accessories
- ST LSM 303
- 5cm(w) x 4cm(h)
*Specifications are subject to change without notice.
Warranty & Returns
We offer 12 months warranty on this product from its date of purchase. This is available from Altronics stores, online purchases or Altronics resellers. In accordance with our full warranty terms we will repair, replace or refund if goods you have purchased from us are defective.
14 DAY MONEY BACK GUARANTEE
Not withstanding our warranty policy, if you are dissatisfied with our goods or service you may return the goods within 14 days of our despatch date. Simply contact us for a return authorisation number and we will refund your purchase in full, less transport costs on receipt of goods. All returned goods must be in as sold condition including all packaging, instructions, invoices etc.