A4036A • 40W 4 Input 100V Public Address (PA) Amplifier
Powered from 240V ac mains or 24V dc permitting battery backup operation during mains power failure. Output is 100V line or low impedance (4 - 16Ω) speaker loads. All units feature thermal overload shutdown to protect the amplifier if a speaker fault condition develops. Master volume can be controlled remotely via figure 8 cable and the A 2280B wall control unit or 1K potentiometer (part no. R 2202).
A 4573 Alert/evac option board:
Generates pre chime, bell, alert and evacuation tones. The alert tone can function continuously, or switch to evac tone after a preset time delay (adjustable 30 seconds to 4.5 minutes). Simply connects to the amplifier internally via the cable provided.
A 2280B Remote volume wall plate:
Connects via figure 8 cable to the “remote volume” terminals of the amplifier. Enabling overall volume to be adjusted as required. Features a PCB jumper to reverse the volume control direction. Maximum cable length 100m.
- 4 balanced microphone inputs
- Phantom power on mic inputs
- 4 line inputs
- 19" rack mount kit included
- VOX muting
- Tape output RCA sockets
- Bass and treble tone controls
- Terminals for 100V line & 4 - 16Ω
- 240V ac or 24V dc operation
- Built in short circuit protection
- Optional evac module available
- Optional remote volume plate
Information & Downloads
- Power Output: 40 watts RMS
- Distortion: < 0.5% @ 1kHz
- Signal to Noise Ratio: Typically 75dB below rated output. All inputs.
- Frequency Response
- Mic inputs: 50Hz - 10kHz, -3dB
- Line inputs: 60Hz - 15kHz, -3dB
- Output line: 70V*, 100V or 4 - 16Ω
- Input Sensitivity
- Mic inputs: 1.5mV balanced
- Line inputs: 400mV
- Output Connectors
- Speakers:Screw terminals
- Input Connectors
- Mic 1-4: 3 pin XLR balanced
- Line inputs 1-4: RCA stereo socket
- 24V DC power: Screw terminals
- 240V AC power: IEC power connector
- Muting: VOX on inputs 1 & 2, 60dB below rated output
- Remote volume: Screw terminals
- Mic inputs: Volume
- Line inputs: Volume
- Bass: ±10dB @ 100Hz
- Treble: ±13dB @ 10kHz
- Power: On/off switch
- Indicators: Power, Overload
- Power supply: 240V AC or 24V DC
- Protection: 1A AC fuse and 4A DC fuse
- Weight: ≈7.1 kg
- Dimensions: ≈423W x 225D x 88H mm
- Colour: Black
*Specifications are subject to change without notice.
Warranty & Returns
We offer 10 years warranty on this product from its date of purchase. This is available from Altronics stores, online purchases or Altronics resellers. In accordance with our full warranty terms we will repair, replace or refund if goods you have purchased from us are defective.
14 DAY MONEY BACK GUARANTEE
Not withstanding our warranty policy, if you are dissatisfied with our goods or service you may return the goods within 14 days of our despatch date. Simply contact us for a return authorisation number and we will refund your purchase in full, less transport costs on receipt of goods. All returned goods must be in as sold condition including all packaging, instructions, invoices etc.