(Silicon Chip Magazine September 2012)
Fully upgraded Maximite design, see below for list of upgrades. Ideal for datalogging, monitoring & switching relays. Utilising the new Microchip PIC32 processor, this powerful embedded computer can read/save programs on an SD card. A keyboard input & video output is provided, plus 20 digital/analog inputs and outputs. Utilises BASIC programming language allowing a massive scope of applications. For ease of construction, the main chip is been pre-soldered. Requires 9V dc plugpack (fitted with 2.1mm tip). SD card sold separately.
Important Note For Kit Buyers:
This product is supplied in component form and requires soldering, drilling, and assembly. We recommend users are familiar with at least basic electronic principles and have the ability to solder.
While the PIC32 has been pre-soldered, the user is required to solder a single 0805 size capacitor to the board during construction in addition to the through hole components.
Upgrades Over K 9550:
- Self-contained high-performance microcomputer.
- Microchip 32-bit processor running at 80MHz with 512KB flash memory and 128KB RAM.
- Colour VGA output, 480 x 432 pixels with eight colours (black, red, green, blue, cyan, yellow, purple and white).
- Standard PS/2-style keyboard input.
- Stereo audio synthesiser for music and sound effects.
- Battery backed real-time clock (optional).
- 20 external I/O lines which can be configured as analog inputs, digital inputs/outputs, frequency measurement,etc.
- Arduino compatible connector with an additional 20 I/O lines that are independent of the original 20 I/Os.
- SD card support – up to 32GB for storing programs and files.
- USB port for connecting to a personal computer (Windows, Mac or Linux) as a terminal or for file transfer.
- Extensive communications protocols including serial, I2C, SPI and 1-wire.
- 2-channel audio/analog/PWM analog output.
- Graphic capability includes selectable fonts, user designed fonts, drawing lines, circles, squares and control over any pixel with any colour.
- Special commands for animated games. BLIT will copy a block of the video screen at high speed and SPRITE will create animated sprites that can be moved on the screen without disturbing the background.
- Firmware upgrades via USB.
- Full-featured BASIC interpreter and operating system.
Colour VGA output 480x432 pixels with 8 colours
Stereo audio synthesiser
Battery backed real-time clock
Arduino compatible connector with an additional 20 independant I/O lines
2-channel audio/analog/PWM analog output
Special commands for animated games
No specs available