K5181 • Classic 250W Class D Audio Amplifier Kit
Important Note For Kit Buyers:
This product is supplied in component form and requires soldering, drilling, and assembly. We recommend users are familiar with at least basic electronic principles and have the ability to solder.
- High efficiency
- high power
- Low distortion and noise
- Bridging option for driving 8Ω loads with two modules
- Over-current protection
- Over-temperature protection
- Under-voltage switch-off
- Over-voltage switch-off
- DC offset protection
- Fault indicator
- Amplifier running indicator
- Optional speaker protector module
Why buy an Altronics Kit?
Altronics kits are premium do-it-yourself projects designed to be assembled with ease. However, basic electronics knowledge and soldering skills are essential to construct our kits. A difficulty rating is provided to help determine if your ability is sufficient to build the kit project. Please note, once assembly has been commenced we are unable to honor any warranty claims. Please see the full details here.
Information & Downloads
- Total harmonic distortion and noise: Typically <0.01%
- Power output: Up to 150W into 8Ω and 250W into 4Ω power supply dependent
- Power output, bridged, 8Ω only: 450-500W power supply dependent
- Efficiency: Typically 90% at full power for 8Ω and 83% for 4Ω
- Signal-to-noise ratio: 103dB with respect to full power
- Input sensitivity: 2V RMS@4Ω, 2.2V RMS@8Ω
- Frequency response: 10Hz - 20kHz +/-1dB
- Power requirements: +/-40 - 60Vdc, 50-55V nominal
- Over-temperature cut-out: 75ºC
- Under-voltage threshold: +40V
- Over-voltage threshold: +75V
- DC offset protection threshold: > +/-4Vdc
- Over-current threshold: 29A
- Idling (no signal) frequency: 500kHz adjustable
- MOSFET dead time: 45ns
*Specifications are subject to change without notice.
Warranty & Returns
We offer 12 months warranty on this product from its date of purchase. This is available from Altronics stores, online purchases or Altronics resellers. In accordance with our full warranty terms we will repair, replace or refund if goods you have purchased from us are defective.
14 DAY MONEY BACK GUARANTEE
Not withstanding our warranty policy, if you are dissatisfied with our goods or service you may return the goods within 14 days of our despatch date. Simply contact us for a return authorisation number and we will refund your purchase in full, less transport costs on receipt of goods. All returned goods must be in as sold condition including all packaging, instructions, invoices etc.